At Burkett & Co., the strength and reputation of our firm are the direct result of our people. The collaborative and inclusive culture we share provides an opportunity for all employees to have impact.
Our firm is an approved training office as recognized by CPABC and is committed to ensuring a supportive environment for CPA students in successfully completing the CPA program.
Our Current Vacancies
- Administrative Assistant
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join Burkett & Co.’s talented team. The successful candidate will provide high level administrative support to all members of our team. This is a full time position reporting directly to the Office Manager.
• Prepare materials for client meetings
• Assist with setting up client meetings, debriefs and follow ups
• Maintain client database, electronic, and paper files
• Provide exceptional customer service to our existing and new clients both on the phone and by email/mail correspondence
• General office tidiness, prep boardrooms for meetings, co-ordinate boardroom availability
• Co-ordinate travel arrangements, business and personal for management, as required
• Mail opening and sorting, mail services for clients, prepare packages and coordinate with courier & mail service
• Monitor and maintain office supply inventory
• Oversee maintenance of office equipment (fax, copier, scanners etc.), office furniture and lights, communicate with janitorial staff
• Maintain and update policy and procedure manuals and standard letters to CRA
• Prepare cheques for office payables, collecting receivables, processing credit card payments and bank deposits
• Perform work related errands (i.e.: post office and bank runs) and other tasks, as requested by your supervisor
• Prior experience in an administrative support role, experience working in an accounting office an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, prior client-facing experience
• Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals, as well as independently
• Handle varied roles and responsibilities and meets deadlines
• A high regard for accuracy and attention to detail in fast-paced, high pressure environment
• Strong work ethic and motivation
• Ability to troubleshoot basic computer/technical issues
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] addressed to “Burkett Hiring Committee”.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Working In Victoria
Victoria is a great place to work and play.
The capital city of British Columbia offers a rich cultural heritage, an affordable cost of living, and the great outdoors at your doorstep.