At Burkett & Co., the strength and reputation of our firm are the direct result of our people. The collaborative and inclusive culture we share provides an opportunity for all employees to have impact.
Our firm is an approved training office as recognized by CPABC and is committed to ensuring a supportive environment for CPA students in successfully completing the CPA program.
Our Current Vacancies
- Assurance & Accounting Manager
What we’re looking for
At Burkett & Co, our Assurance and Accounting team provides accounting services with the highest levels of integrity and professionalism. We develop innovative solutions on a client-by-client basis aimed at translating complexity into value.
We are seeking a non-audit assurance and accounting manager to join over Victoria-based team. This is a client-facing position that requires experience communicating financial information in a public practice setting.
As an Assurance and Accounting Manager, you will oversee day-to-day operations of review and compilation engagements as well as be responsible for scheduling staff and assigning workloads. You will work closely with the team, developing and motivating team members to complete engagements to a high standard.
• Understand the importance of quality client service
• Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business opportunities and key risks
• Lead multiple engagements and monitor engagement timelines
• Liaise and correspond professionally with clients and colleagues
• Manage the completion of review engagements, notice to reader engagements, and tax compliance engagements by reviewing the work done by other team members
• Identify appropriate income tax planning strategies
• Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development
• Develop and enhance our client relationships by interacting directly with clients in a clear, thoughtful and professional manner
• Manage our professional risk by exercising appropriate professional judgement
Key experience & knowledge
• Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
• Minimum five years of relevant work experience in public accounting
• Proactively identify client needs and create strategies to meet those needs
• Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises
• Extensive knowledge in the design of non-audit assurance engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
• Solid understanding of business, management and practice development principles
• Strong computer literacy including experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Taxprep, and Sage
• Express ideas and convey information in writing, conversations and interactions with others in a clear and concise manner
• Goal-driven leader who effectively manages self, others and teams to achieve goals
• Takes responsibility for one’s own and team members’ performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals, promptly addresses performance issues
• Highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
• Professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
Applicants may submit their application using the submission form on this site. Please include a short cover letter, with an understanding of your notice period, if in current employment, the job title and relevant salary expectations. Interested candidates are invited to contact us by phone for more information.
Working In Victoria
Victoria is a great place to work and play.
The capital city of British Columbia offers a rich cultural heritage, an affordable cost of living, and the great outdoors at your doorstep.