At Burkett & Co., the strength and reputation of our firm are the direct result of our people. The collaborative and inclusive culture we share provides an opportunity for all employees to have impact.
Our firm is an approved training office as recognized by CPABC and is committed to ensuring a supportive environment for CPA students in successfully completing the CPA program.
Our Current Vacancies
- Senior Tax Associate
What we’re looking for
We are currently seeking a Senior Tax Associate to join our Victoria-based team. The successful candidate would review client corporate and personal tax circumstances to identify planning opportunities and ensure compliance with federal and provincial tax laws and regulations. This is a client-facing position and requires experience communication complex tax issues in a public practice setting.
Key experience & knowledge
• Understands current best practice for tax, estate and financial planning;
• CPA designation and has completed level 1 of the In-Depth Tax Course;
• CFP or desire to enroll in the program;
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a professional services firm with comprehensive understanding of Canadian Income Tax (Corporate & Personal);
• Relationship management skills and the ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with firm leadership, other employees, clients and professional contacts;
• Strong analytical capabilities and, communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple assignments;
Applicants may submit their application using the submission form on this site. Please include a short cover letter, with an understanding of your notice period, if in current employment, the job title and relevant salary expectations.
Working In Victoria
Victoria is a great place to work and play.
The capital city of British Columbia offers a rich cultural heritage, an affordable cost of living, and the great outdoors at your doorstep.